Semi-spread in 120s black gingham poplin
Named for the “Ragged” or syncopated rhythms made famous by composers like Scott Joplin. Ragtime came out of southern cities like St. Louis and New Orleans and grew to be a founding influence on the uniquely American styles of Jazz and Blues. Our Ragtime shirt is cut from a silky 120s gingham fabric. Ragtime is part of our gingham collection of shirts which hearken back to the cool elegance of the South in the Jazz age. It features our new Semi-spread collar and mitered convertible cuffs.
- Semi-spread collar with removable 6cm collar stays - or upgrade to 3D
- Contrast gussets
- 100% two-ply Egyptian Cotton
- 120 thread count (yarn count)
- Environmentally safe fabric - with easy care finish for easy ironing
- H&C mitered convertible cuffs - can be worn with buttons, or with cuff links
- Box placket
- Two back darts
- Extra buttons sewn on inner placket
- Contrast (gold) button-hole piping on last button hole, which is horizontal
Egyptian cotton is a particular variety that is grown in only a few other places. It is renowned as some of the best in the world. It has an extra long staple, which means it has longer fibers, resulting in a silkier, more durable fabric. Poplin, sometimes called broadcloth, is a plain weave which means the threads alternately cross over and then under each other. This results in a very smooth and durable fabric that has an almost silky hand feel, particularly with higher thread counts. Also, poplins look very crisp when ironed.
Hugh & Crye dress shirts use a sizing system based on body types. they're ready-made fitted shirts, designed for lean and athletically built men. We make shirts crafted for the height of your torso (short, average, tall) and your overall build (skinny, slim, athletic, or broad). Our shirts aren't made for the masses. they're made for you.