Semi-spread collar in baby blue and white gingham
One of the first fabrics of the colonial new world by way of Manchester, gingham was mass produced in textile mills in the southeast US well into the 20th century. Its simple yet elegant weave renders a reversible fabric, crisp yet soft, with varied uses from apparel to linens. Carolina's classic baby blue and white gingham check breathes life into the most dreary winter day. Few understand the journey of the Carolina shirt. Worn by you, it stands as an example of American heritage.
Carolina is part of our gingham collection of shirts which hearken back to the cool elegance of the South in the Jazz age. With a classic pattern and our signature cutaway collar, the Carolina collar is inspired by the past with eyes toward the future.
- Cutaway collar with removable 5cm collar stays - or upgrade to 3D
- 100% two-ply Egyptian Cotton
- Environmentally safe fabric - with easy care finish for easy ironing
- H&C convertible cuffs - can be worn with buttons, or with cuff links
- Box placket
- Two back darts
- Extra buttons sewn on inner placket
- Contrast (gold) button-hole piping on last button hole, which is horizontal
Poplin, sometimes called broadcloth, is a plain weave which means the threads alternately cross over and then under each other. This results in a very smooth and durable fabric that has an almost silky hand feel, particularly with higher thread counts. Also, poplins look very crisp when ironed.
We make shirts crafted for the height of your torso (short, average, tall) and your overall build (skinny, slim, athletic, or broad). Our shirts aren't made for the masses. They're made for you.