Anatomy of a Hugh & Crye Dress Shirt
What Makes Our Shirts Awesome
- 1. Removable collar stays keep collar points sharp
- 2. Two-ply 100% Egyptian cotton for a soft hand-feel
- 3. Single-needle construction for an elegant look and stronger seems
- 4. Contrast Gussets
- 5. Interlined collar to provide a crisp and perfect stand
- 6. Pattern matching in striped shirts for continuous lines
- 7. Raised armhole aids movement and creates a more flattering look
- 8. Tailored, flattering cut throughout the body
- 9. Horizontal bottom button hole with contrast thread
We choose styles that are both timeless and modern. We think trends are for suckers, and you'll never find a Hugh & Crye shirt with a goofy logo or unnecessary flair. You won't look like every other guy on the street when you wear one of our shirts, and we mean that in a good way. We feel that nothing you wear should be louder than your own personality. You'll wear our shirts for years to come.
Sweat the Small Stuff
We think the collar is the single most important component of a dress shirt. From the stand to the shape, we're obsessive about collar styles, and getting perfectly crisp look in each new style we introduce. From deep cutaways to classic points, we believe in having a mix of collar styles.
Who knew there were so many styles of cuffs beyond a simple "barrel" cuff and a "French" cuff? We love cuffs - the weight of them, their shape, whether they take links, and how they add a bit of personality to a classic dress shirt. A well made cuff makes all the difference.
The weave is the way in which the threads of cotton (called warp and weft) are actually put together to make a fabric. Different techniques create different properties and textures in the fabric. We use a variety of weaves to ensure that all of our shirts have a unique style and feel.
Our single-needle construction ensures a cleaner look and stronger seam, and interlined cuffs, collars and plackets give our shirts extra structure for a crisper, more professional look. They also feature gussets, which protect the seams from tearing and plastic buttons that are both durable and beautiful.